Waxing / Hair Removal
Hot Wax Hair Removal
For general body and large area hair removal, hot wax hair removal is the best option for smooth skin without the use of chemicals. A thin layer of hot wax is spread over the skin. A strip of cloth is then pressed firmly onto the wax just long enough for the wax to set. The cloth is then pulled quickly against the grain of the hair growth to pull the hair and root completely from the follicle. Any area of the body can be waxed and the effects last 4-6 weeks.
Benefits of Hot Wax Hair Removal
- Hot wax warms the skin, dilates the pores and increases blood circulation resulting in a more comfortable experience
- Hot wax quickly removes hair from large areas such as the legs or bikini zone
- Waxing leaves legs feeling smoother because it removes dry and dead skin in addition to hair removal
- The process is safe for your skin – no chemicals, harsh odors, perfumes or allergens.
- Over time, waxing can damage the hair follicle resulting in new hair regrowth being finer and less dense
For more precise hair removal in small areas, facial threading is a fast, easy way to get the look you want. Threading for hair removal is growing in popularity due to its many benefits. It involves pulling a thin cotton or polyester thread along the surface of the skin with a twisting motion. The thread essentially acts as a mini lasso, lifting the hair directly out of the follicle. Facial threading is no more painful than tweezing, but has many more benefits.
Benefits of Facial Threading
- Fast – Facial threading is a very fast procedure and may take only a few minutes depending on the amount of area to be threaded
- Precise – unlike tweezers or waxing, which can leave brows uneven, threading is very precise and affects only the unwanted hairs
- Hypo-allergenic – since no chemicals are used, threading is great for people who may have allergies or skin sensitivities to hair removal products
- Reduced Growth – over time, threading can damage the hair follicle. Once a follicle is damaged, it can’t regrow hair, resulting in reduced hair growth